Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pucón

From March 13-March 16, ISA took all of us to Pucón. For those not familiar with this touristy area, think Lake Geneva + any tourist spot in Colorado. Basically, it was Gringoland, and sometimes, ISA land. Its a 12 hour bus ride from Viña, so we got there bright and early Friday morning. We went on this big tour around the hot spots of Pucón. We saw two very beautiful water falls, Salto Palguin y Salto La China if I'm correct. Then we went to the Ojos del Carburgua, very pretty. Sat on the top of one of the waterfalls and just took in the views. From there....we trekked to the hot springs. If you ever get a chance to visit a hot springs, do it. It was so amazing. There were 2 hot springs we preoccupied. One was a nice warm temperature, and kind of shallow. The other was hotter, but deeper. We were all taking turns going from one to another, and then into the river! What a refreshing afternoon.

The next day, I went to the Parque Nacional Huerquehue. I ended up going with my friend Daphne, it was really nice and relaxing. I trekked on my own for a bit and got some sweet shots.

On the last day, I went rafting! Definitely a blast. I did bajo, which is the beginner version, but I definitely think I could have done the more intense version. After that, I relaxed for a little bit, found a sweet park and swung on the swings. Definitely a awesome weekend.


2 comments: